Instructional Applications Table of Contents
- Spreadsheet or database
- Flyer or Brochure
- Audio or Video
- Back to Main Table of Contents
Spreadsheet or Database
An original spreadsheet or database created to support a specific content objective
- Here is a Microsoft Forms Survey I created to gauge my students interest in creating graphics for their base school news broadcasts.
- To support my professional goal for the current school year, I created and distributed a Web Development pre-assessment test for my students in Microsoft Forms. The goal is to have each student score a 75 or better on the test. Please see Testing Results, which includes baseline data scores as well as target post-assessment performance goals for four groups of students.
- I utilize Web 2.0 apps such as Padlet to receive feedback from students regarding what they want to learn how to do in Photoshop. See Padlet page.
An original website created to support a specific content objective
- At the end of every school year I ask students for feedback on how to improve the classroom experience. One such suggestion was to provide them with a list of projects for which they could choose to work on during down times or when they finish class work. In an effort to improve the quality of class time, I have created a website that allows students to access what I have named, “Choice Projects”. This is a running list of projects, focused on course competencies, that students are required to complete 10 per 9 weeks. My goal is to increase the contents of the “Choice Projects” list throughout the school year. Specifically, new projects will highlight the following course competencies: “Designing and Creating Multimedia Presentations/Projects” and “Designing and Creating Websites”. Website URL:http://designformasscomm.weebly.com/choice-projects1.html
- Using OneNote Class Notebooks, I have created a content library for my students that includes class information, daily announcements, notes, assignments, and resources. View my DWEB1 Class Notebook.
- In addition, I also utilize OneNote Notebook to create/update and distribute my lesson plans to administration and students. View my lesson plans.
Flyer or Brochure
An original flyer or brochure created to support a specific content objective.
- Using QR Code Generator, to generate the QR code and Adobe Illustrator for the overall design, this QR_Burton_Booklet_Campaign_Poster was created to promote our school programs through the “Burton Booklet” to current and future students and parents. This booklet contains course descriptions of all the classes available at Burton and is also located on our website in a PDF document.
- This poster was created using Adobe Illustrator and it represents ideas for related to Career Pathways for our Career & Technology Education department . This poster supported content generated by our Career and Technical Education Director.
An original presentation created to support a specific content objective
- Here is a PowerPoint presentation that I converted to a PDF file when teaching students about creating Internet Based Advertisements in Adobe Photoshop. How to Create Internet Based Advertisements
Audio & Video
An original audio or video created to support a specific content objective
- Visit my YouTube channel to view video demos that I have created for class instruction. These demos pertain to teaching students how to utilize Dreamweaver when designing/developing a website. Other tasks include the use of Photoshop to create web mockups and optimizing images for use on the web.